b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Joshua 2:1 and 17, Questions

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "K Randolph" <kwrandolph AT gmail.com>
  • To: "Jason Hare" <jaihare AT gmail.com>
  • Cc: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Joshua 2:1 and 17, Questions
  • Date: Thu, 31 May 2007 13:47:42 -0700

It's good to see someone reading just for pleasure.

As for Rahab's profession, how much do we know about the practices of
prostitution of that period? Could it have been a combination of
brothel and inn? In other words, a high class inn in which were found
all the comforts of home, even a sleeping partner? Proverbs 7:18 seems
to give a similar picture.

Karl W. Randolph.