b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Joshua 2:1 and 17, Questions

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Harold Holmyard <hholmyard3 AT earthlink.net>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Joshua 2:1 and 17, Questions
  • Date: Thu, 31 May 2007 16:43:15 -0500

K Randolph wrote:
It's good to see someone reading just for pleasure.

As for Rahab's profession, how much do we know about the practices of
prostitution of that period? Could it have been a combination of
brothel and inn? In other words, a high class inn in which were found
all the comforts of home, even a sleeping partner? Proverbs 7:18 seems
to give a similar picture.

Proverbs 7:18 is not talking about an inn. The woman has her house to
herself because her husband is out of town:

Prov. 7:19 My husband is not at home; he has gone on a long journey.
Prov. 7:20 He took his purse filled with money and will not be home till
full moon.”

Yours,
Harold Holmyard