b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] psalm 51 and King David's sin

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Yigal Levin <leviny1 AT mail.biu.ac.il>
  • To: b-hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] psalm 51 and King David's sin
  • Date: Fri, 18 May 2007 18:45:01 +0300

Dear Kenneth,

In theory, it would be possible for Uriah to be an ethnic Hittite with a Yahwistic name, without this having any religious significance, although unlikely. In the ancient world. people took their names very seriously.

As to the rest, see my point 2.

Yigal Levin

----- Original Message ----- From: "kenneth greifer" <greifer AT hotmail.com>