b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] psalm 51 and King David's sin

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Bryant J. Williams III" <bjwvmw AT com-pair.net>
  • To: "kenneth greifer" <greifer AT hotmail.com>, <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] psalm 51 and King David's sin
  • Date: Thu, 17 May 2007 21:03:50 -0700

Dear Kenneth,

Just take a look at the relevant passage in II Samuel 11:4-5, "and David
sent messengers, and took her; and she came in unto him, AND HE LAY WITH
HER; for she was purified from he uncleanness: and she returned unto her
house. And the woman conceived, and sent and told David, and said, I am with
child." Pretty unambiguous about the sin of adultery, before he had Uriah
killed by the Ammonites (cf. II Samuel 11:6- 12:9).

Of course, this is not the first time that David's anger had caused him
trouble, e.g. Nabal, and the census.

Rev. Bryant J. Williams III