b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] psalm 51 and King David's sin

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "kenneth greifer" <greifer AT hotmail.com>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] psalm 51 and King David's sin
  • Date: Fri, 18 May 2007 14:41:41 +0000

Yigal,

I believe that King David was human and sinned like other people. I am not trying to prove that he was sinless. I just think that in this case he did not sin.

Uriah the Hittite's Hebrew religious sounding name would not mean he was a convert or from intermarriage because people use the names of the people they live around. When people move to America, they give their kids American names usually, and after a few generations, their descendants speak the language of America, have American names, and do everything like Americans. If Hittites lived among Israelites, then they would speak their language and use their names, etc.

Why would people thousands of years be different?

Kenneth Greifer

Catch suspicious messages before you open them—with Windows Live Hotmail. http://imagine-windowslive.com/hotmail/?locale=en-us&ocid=TXT_TAGHM_migration_HM_mini_protection_0507