b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] how scholars debate controversial issues

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Peter Kirk <peter AT qaya.org>
  • To: Rolf Furuli <furuli AT online.no>
  • Cc: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] how scholars debate controversial issues
  • Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2007 15:53:25 +0100

On 29/03/2007 15:34, Rolf Furuli wrote:
Dear Harold

The point I tried to put across by quoting Hebrews 11:17 was that the meaning of Greek Perfect is not always clear at first glance. ...

Rolf, I apologise for not recognising that what appeared to be your central point, "When the NIV render the perfect "offered," this is factually wrong ... The NWT is factually correct ...", was in fact irrelevant, and that you were not really wanting to defend NWT but only to make a point unrelated to translation.

--
Peter Kirk
E-mail: peter AT qaya.org