b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Nun-Tav-Vet root

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Yitzhak Sapir" <yitzhaksapir AT gmail.com>
  • To: "Isaac Fried" <if AT math.bu.edu>
  • Cc: B-Hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Nun-Tav-Vet root
  • Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2006 08:26:42 +0000

On 11/21/06, Isaac Fried wrote:
I am sorry that I have to put it so blatantly, but I am afraid that you are
living in a fundamental misunderstanding about the innate nature of the
Hebrew language.
---Isaac Fried

Dear Isaac,

I also often disagree with Karl's understanding of Hebrew, but I think this
post was pretty much correct. In his other post, he apparently even
considered the possibility where the root (GL may have two basic
meanings. However, rather than making accusations at Karl, may I
ask you to further elaborate and substantiate what you wrote below
in this sentence:

In fact, the extension of נתיב is at once upward, widthwise,
and lengthwise.

Yitzhak Sapir