b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] Nun-Tav-Vet root

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Chris and Nel" <wattswestmaas AT eircom.net>
  • To: "B-Hebrew" <b-hebrew AT lists.Ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] Nun-Tav-Vet root
  • Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2006 16:03:01 -0000

Dear Members,

While this root according to Gesenius and Davidson has the signification of Treading, Trampling; I read also that the Arabic refers to a path that is elevated, (like maybe a royal pathway). However they say that the Nun? can not refer to this (by that I have absolutely no idea what he is talking about). But since we have the word root: Dalet Resh Qaf meaning precisely the same I wonder whether or not the former root has something 'extra' or a 'subtler shade' in its meaning?

Can anyone elaborate please?

Thankyou,
Chris,
Ireland.