b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Septuagint vs Hebrew, effect on Christianity

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Harold Holmyard <hholmyard AT ont.com>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Septuagint vs Hebrew, effect on Christianity
  • Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2006 11:52:58 -0500

Schmuel wrote:

One good book is by Floyd Nolen Jones.
http://www.floydjones.org/LXX.pdf The Septuagint: A Critical Analysis

HH: This does not look like a good piece of writing, as reviewed here:
http://ecclesia.org/truth/defense.html

Harold, that is not a "review", not even close.

HH: Yes, it is a review, though not as formal as you might like.

So you are defending the blatant and obvious mistakes and misrepresentations
that Richard Anthony makes in order to cry 'liar, liar' ?

HH: I admit that Anthony misunderstood Jones' argument about Methusaleh, and Jones was right on that point.

HH: I did not read the whole Anthony article. My point was that people found much to criticize in Jones' article, so Jones' article did not seem good on that basis.

HH: You made a strange assertion and then backed it up with an article that I found lambasted. Your article turns out to have some significant factual problems. Neither source seems reliable, Anthony or Jones.

HH: Anthony evidently regards the Septuagint highly and does not like to see it smeared. There is no doubt that this article by Jones smears the Septuagint.

Yours,
Harold Holmyard