b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Septuagint vs Hebrew, effect on Christianity

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Steve Miller" <smille10 AT sbcglobal.net>
  • To: "'Yonah Mishael'" <yonahmishael AT gmail.com>, "'B-Hebrew'" <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Septuagint vs Hebrew, effect on Christianity
  • Date: Sat, 14 Oct 2006 18:48:00 -0400

[Steve Miller] Yes, very interesting. There are 3 Tanach verses involved
here. The MT consistently has 70, whereas the LXX has 75 in both Gen 46:27 &
Exo 1:5. In Gen 46:20 LXX gives the names of 5 additional descendants of
Joseph.
The DSS does not have Gen 46:20 or 27, but it has Exo 1:5 and it says 75,
agreeing with the NT and LXX. The Samaritan Pentateuch says 70 agreeing with
the MT.
-Steve Miller
Detroit
www.voiceinwilderness.info