b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Hos 7:4 (was The Pesach prohibition )

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "K Randolph" <kwrandolph AT gmail.com>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Hos 7:4 (was The Pesach prohibition )
  • Date: Sat, 23 Sep 2006 14:02:01 -0700

I finally have to add my 2ยข to this discussion.

First of all, the picture of the adulterers is that they are so hot in
their lust that they are like baking ovens already heated up, ready
for baking.

Secondly, in the sourdough baking method, a certain amount of dough is
kept aside for the next day, usually about 1/3 of the dough. Then, to
get the bread to rise, new dough is prepared and the old dough is
kneaded in to distribute the yeast throughout the dough. Then store a
certain amount of the dough in the kneading trough till the next day.

Karl W. Randolph.