b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] Discernment of Daniel 9:24

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "John B. Senterfitt" <millenia05 AT earthlink.net>
  • To: <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] Discernment of Daniel 9:24
  • Date: Sat, 23 Sep 2006 14:17:47 -0500

KJV Revelation 2:7 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith
unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the tree of
life, which is in the midst of the paradise of God.

I hope that some of you have an ear!

The Hebrew word in Daniel 9:24 translated "are determined" has only one
striking Greek equivalent in the NT Greek and that is found in Revelation
20:12 and 13. There it is translated "were judged" (which is not the best
translation).

>From this one should get a glimpse of the truth that the 70 weeks are for
>the final judgment and that is set in and upon the time of the full
>revealing (revelation) of Jesus who is to be the Christ.

It is a necessary evil that we must depend on lexicographers and grammarians,
and I know that they do the best they can but they are not always as up to
grade as we might wish.

John B. Senterfitt
>From thebodyofjesusthenazoraion AT juno.com Sat Sep 23 16:17:05 2006
(from thebodyofjesusthenazoraion AT juno.com)
by webmail06.nyc.untd.com (jqueuemail) id L2YT7P6L;
Sat, 23 Sep 2006 13:16:15 PDT