b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Daniel 11:22

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Steve Miller" <smille10 AT sbcglobal.net>
  • To: "'K Randolph'" <kwrandolph AT gmail.com>, "'B-Hebrew'" <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Daniel 11:22
  • Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2006 23:02:28 -0400

> From: K Randolph Tuesday, September 05, 2006 9:00 PM
>
> Steve:
>
> We have to look at when this seventy sevens started, and when they ended.
>
> I see it as Nehemiah, who was given the specific job of rebuilding the
> city and its walls, as the beginning. The dates for that action are
> uncertain, so I took the middle between the extremes I found and ended
> up with 415 BC.

[Steve Miller] How do you get 415 BC for one of those decrees? Darby uses
the decree in Neh. 2:1 which he dates at 455 B.C.

>Seven sevens of years after that, or 49 years, comes
> to a decade before the scholarly consensus as to the birth of
> Alexander the Great, who certainly was a great leader of men. Because
> the consensus is often close but can be off (10 years is closer than
> many other disputed dates I have seen) I take this one to be
> Alexander.

[Steve Miller] Since the Daniel 9 says 7 weeks to an "anointed ruler", it
should be to his becoming an anointed ruler, not his birth.
Also, regarding such a great prophesy, for which Daniel prayed earnestly,
and the prayer is recorded in the Bible, I think it should refer to someone
whom the Bible itself calls an anointed ruler. Also, the 70 weeks are
concerning Israel, not the world. Alexander was not that important to
Israel.

> 62 sevens of years brings us to the Roman period, shortly after Pilot
> became governor.
[Steve Miller] 415 B.C. + 62x7(=434)yrs = 20 A.D. Who was the messiah cut
off after 62 weeks?