b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Daniel 11:22

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "K Randolph" <kwrandolph AT gmail.com>
  • To: "Steve Miller" <smille10 AT sbcglobal.net>
  • Cc: B-Hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Daniel 11:22
  • Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2006 14:54:33 -0700

Steve:

It's been a while since I looked at the dates. All I remember about
the source of those dates is that they were not fixed by theologians.
Since that time, I've seen a couple dates developed by theologians,
Darby's being one, that are significantly older. The only reason I
could see for those dates was the requirement that Jesus' death and
resurrection be 483 years after the command was given to Nehemiah. But
I disagree with that requirement, as I see the 7 sevens and 62 sevens
to have been concurrent, not one after the other, thus Nehemiah could
be a contemporary with Ezra as indicated in Nehemiah 8 and 12. But my
reading also says that the 70th seven has already been finished, which
certain theological traditions reject.

Karl W. Randolph.