b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Daniel 11:22

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Steve Miller" <smille10 AT sbcglobal.net>
  • To: "'Yonah Mishael'" <yonahmishael AT gmail.com>, "'B-Hebrew'" <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Daniel 11:22
  • Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2006 15:15:23 -0400

Yes, Yonah, I agree with you on the meaning of nageed as ruler. In Dan.
9:25, who could "mashiach nageed" refer to? The words "mashiach nageed"
could refer to Cyrus, or an anointed leader of Israel, or to the promised
Messiah. The verse says that "mashiach nageed" is to come either 49 yrs or
693 years after the word to restore and build Jerusalem. This couldn't be
Cyrus because the word to restore and build Jerusalem was given by Cyrus
(and later Persian kings). Neither was there an outstanding anointed ruler
of Israel meeting this time criteria. Thus "maschiach nageed" in Dan.9:25
must mean the Messiah.
-Steve Miller
Detroit
www.voiceinwilderness.info