b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Leviathan

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Revdpickrel AT wmconnect.com
  • To: yitzhaksapir AT gmail.com, b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Leviathan
  • Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2006 15:45:44 EDT

In a message dated 7/15/2006 10:35:19 PM Central Daylight Time,
yitzhaksapir AT gmail.com writes:

> Hopefully this post expands the discussion further, illustrating that the
> Israelites did have a tradition of God defeating a cosmic sea dragon
> comparable to that of Marduk vs. Tiamat and Ba(l vs. Yam or Ba(l
> vs. Lotan, and even comparable to Hydra of Greek mythology (both
> in name, Hydra vs Tehom/Yam, and in myth, as a many-headed
> serpent; the constellations Draco and Hydra are also to be probably
> traced to Babylonian Tiamat).
>
> Yitzhak Sapir
> http://toldot.blogspot.com

Howdy Yitzhak,

In my post to George A., I suggested, Tehom, Leviathan, Satan, and Abaddon
were all the same person. In God's discussion with Job, He points out if Job
could go fishing and catch Leviathan with a fish hook he'd never do it again
and
would always remember that fishing trip. God finishes His dissertation to
Job that Leviathan is indeed Satan, "king over of all the sons of pride." I
don't feel this makes Leviathan a mythical god or a dragon. Also, I don't
think
Marduk is a good god, he is a false god introduced into Israel. I think
Marduk is one of the heads of Leviathan that God cut off and fed to the ones
in the
wilderness. My position will remain the same, Satan, Marduk, Leviathan,
Abaddon, Tehom, the queen of heaven whomever she is, etc., are all one of the
same
masquerading as a gods opposing the One God, the Holy One, the Redeemer of
Israel.

Doug.

Rev. Doug Pickrel, Litt.D.
Tejas Valley