b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Leviathan

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Peter Kirk <peter AT qaya.org>
  • To: Yitzhak Sapir <yitzhaksapir AT gmail.com>
  • Cc: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Leviathan
  • Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2006 12:30:39 +0100

On 16/07/2006 09:29, Yitzhak Sapir wrote:

That the squid is frightening may be so, and that there are giant
squids even more so, but none of this relates to the question at
hand. How do you know that the Biblical Leviathan is a squid?
What brings you to think (apparently) that a squid's arm would
be referred to as a "head" -- r)$ ? Your statement that there
are no mythical creatures in the Tanakh is problematic because
of two reasons: 1) prove to me that a giant fire-breathing sea
dragon is mythical and doesn't really exist! ...

Don't forget that squid (I'm not sure about giant squid) expel ink. This could have been misunderstood as smoke and so evidence of fire.

--
Peter Kirk
E-mail: peter AT qaya.org