b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Numbers 22:22 - S+N a verb or noun?

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Joel Stucki" <joel AT stucki.ws>
  • To: "MarjorieAlley AT cs.com" <MarjorieAlley AT cs.com>
  • Cc: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Numbers 22:22 - S+N a verb or noun?
  • Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2006 17:45:13 -0700

On 7/12/06, MarjorieAlley AT cs.com <MarjorieAlley AT cs.com> wrote:
In a message dated 7/12/2006 7:19:48 AM Eastern Daylight Time, peter AT qaya.org
writes:

Using Paratext (a tool available only to Bible translators), I was able
to find the following, which if I have got it correct is an exhaustive
list of 65 occurrences in the Hebrew Bible of prefix L- with a word with
the pattern ?A?A?, where A represents qamats. I have excluded cases
where the final letter is he or yod as this is a much more common
pattern. I have not checked that all of the words are nouns. Many of
them are proper names e.g. Laban, Tamar, Dathan, Balak, Barak, Nabal,
Nathan, Haman.

Someone might suggest that proper names are nouns :)
Thanks for the list and the regex.

Joel Stucki