b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] One scholar's' opinion

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "JAMES CHRISTIAN READ" <JCR128 AT student.apu.ac.uk>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] One scholar's' opinion
  • Date: Wed, 05 Jul 2006 16:16:15 +0100

Peter wrote:
OK, I can agree on that, although (unlike some people, try a Google
search) I don't have an answer to the question about whether Adam had a
navel.
END QUOTE

JCR: Good point! He certainly wouldn't have needed one.
And nor would Eve for that matter. There doesn't seem to
be any textual evidence either way but logic would seem
to suggest that neither had one unless Yah made them
one so that they would 'fit in' ;-)

James C. Read
UK