b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Genesis 1:2 - And the earth was without form, and void

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Revdpickrel AT wmconnect.com
  • To: kwrandolph AT email.com, b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Genesis 1:2 - And the earth was without form, and void
  • Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2006 18:01:45 EDT

>From my Bible Dictionary program I copied and pasted the following on
>'yowm.'
It's not as good as vs x vs from Scripture but it does define the word.

"Romanized yowm
"Pronounced yome

"from an unused root meaning to be hot; a day (as the warm hours), whether
literal (from sunrise to sunset, or from one sunset to the next), or
figurative
(a space of time defined by an associated term), [often used adverb]:

"KJV--age, + always, + chronicals, continually(-ance), daily, ([birth-],
each, to) day, (now a, two) days (agone), + elder, X end, + evening, + (for)
ever(-lasting, -more), X full, life, as (so) long as (... live), (even) now,
+ old,
+ outlived, + perpetually, presently, + remaineth, X required, season, X
since, space, then, (process of) time, + as at other times, + in trouble,
weather,
(as) when, (a, the, within a) while (that), X whole (+ age), (full)
year(-ly), + younger."

Rev. Doug Pickrel, Litt.D.
Tejas Valley
San Antonio, Texas