b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Genesis 1:2 - And the earth was without form, and void

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Revdpickrel AT wmconnect.com
  • To: peter AT qaya.org, b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Genesis 1:2 - And the earth was without form, and void
  • Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2006 18:42:01 EDT

In a message dated 4/15/2006 3:58:01 PM Central Daylight Time, peter AT qaya.org
writes:

> > Genesis 1 is prose, not poetic, not even semi-
> > poetic. It's as if God anticipated this argument
> > and made sure to write prose.

He did anticipate this argument. Have you read what Solomon had to say about
this: "...I have seen the God-given task with which the sons of men are to
be occupied. He has made everything beautiful in its time. Also He has put
eternity in their hearts, except that no one can find out the work that God
does
from beginning to end...." Eccl. 3:10.

Doug
Rev. Doug Pickrel, Litt.D.