b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] CV syllables, was music in Hebrew

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Peter Kirk <peter AT qaya.org>
  • To: Rochelle Altman <willaa AT netvision.net.il>
  • Cc: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] CV syllables, was music in Hebrew
  • Date: Thu, 09 Feb 2006 21:01:30 +0000

On 09/02/2006 20:48, Rochelle Altman wrote:
Are you stating that your knowledge of the History of the English language is culled from non dot edu websites? Condensation of material for a post to a list is not an error.

It seems clear that the matter is not as clear cut as you first presented it. It is also more complex than I realised. OK, you have a right to simplify arguments, but in that case you should admit that you have simplified them.

I know what's in the APPOINTED Version published in 1611 and known as the KJV. (The AUTHORIZED version is Coverdale's -- authorized by Henry VIII). ...

And who called it the Authorised Version? Not me.
You seem to have a genius for missing the main points in posts:

Perhaps I have a genius for noticing when people's main points are based on uncertain arguments. I know I don't always respond to the main point of a post. But I do think it is important to challenge poorly based arguments even when they are only supporting matters.

When I do make a mistake, Peter, I admit it and correct it as soon as I spot it.

And so do I. If I have made any which I have not corrected, please let me know.

--
Peter Kirk
peter AT qaya.org (personal)