b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] CV syllables, was music in Hebrew

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Yitzhak Sapir <yitzhaksapir AT gmail.com>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] CV syllables, was music in Hebrew
  • Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2006 23:32:06 +0000

Hello Karl,

My whole argument does not fall apart. Nor did I misunderstand
your English. Your indication "as I understand it" came after I
questioned your first statement, and your claim that Modern
Hebrew is irrelevant came after I questioned earlier statements
where you brought up Modern Hebrew as supporting evidence in
answer to those questions. Everyone here who has the patience
to follow this argument can clearly see that you have failed to
respond to any criticism of your theory or evidence. You think
you can criticize other theories and evidence but if your own
evidence is so weak that it is unassailable for the simple reason
that you know you are treading uncertain ground and that the
supporting evidence is taken from subjects you were admittedly
never taught, don't know, and of which you have only sketchy
and very superficial knowledge (your words) then your own
theory doesn't even get to compete against the contrary theories.
It is out there in the realm of fantasies that one knows are without
basis but one likes to fantasize about.

Yitzhak Sapir