b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] CV syllables, was music in Hebrew

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Karl Randolph" <kwrandolph AT email.com>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] CV syllables, was music in Hebrew
  • Date: Mon, 06 Feb 2006 17:00:59 -0500

Herman:

Here is one place where we may have to agree to
disagree, but hopefully a friendly disagreement.

No I do not find the argument according to
gemination convincing, nor that concerning the
Piel/Pual verbal forms. It could be that I am
too thick to understand the ramifications, or
my reaction that scholarly practice often makes
mountains out of molehills makes me overlook a
true mountain.

I know that the evidence for my theory, or more
correctly it should be called a hypothesis, is
weak. And it could very well be wrong. But so
far I have not seen what I consider convincing
evidence contrary to it.

I really need to consider this more and get more
evidence before coming out more strongly.

Thanks for your response.

Karl W. Randolph.