b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Hebrew idioms

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: David Kummerow <farmerjoeblo AT hotmail.com>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Hebrew idioms
  • Date: Tue, 07 Feb 2006 10:42:49 +1000

I haven't taken a look at it yet myself, but maybe have a look at:

Griffin, Jeffery D. "An Investigation of Idiomatic Expressions in the Hebrew Bible with a Case Study of Anatomical Idioms." PhD diss., Mid-America Baptist Theological Seminary, 1998.

If you have access, it's downloadable from UMI.

Regards,
David Kummerow.

Gentlemen:
Does anyone know of some reliable literature on Hebrew idioms? I am not
interested in Lamsa.
Thanks,
James D. Price