b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Masoretic vocalization of the name

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: kgraham0938 AT comcast.net
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Masoretic vocalization of the name
  • Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2005 02:52:33 +0000

Has anyone ever heard of these? Out of curiosity, I came across this one
day. Anyone ever heard of this guy, Gertoux?

"The word Yahowah has never been used in any Bibles. The (fanciful)
grammatical pattern which involves a change a to e has never existed. In
actual fact, before 1100 CE , the Tetragram has been pointed with only the
two vowels e, a of the Aramaic word Shema which means "The Name".The vowel o
appeared, after 1100 CE , owing to the influence of the reading of the word
Adonay."

http://gertoux.online.fr/divinename/faq/A05.htm

--
Kelton Graham