b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Masoretic vocalization of the name

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Yitzhak Sapir <yitzhaksapir AT gmail.com>
  • To: b-hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Masoretic vocalization of the name
  • Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2005 13:31:08 +0300

On 9/15/05, Yigal Levin wrote:
> The Aleppo Codex, if I remember correctly, does have the holam over
> the he.

If you look at http://www.aleppocodex.org/aleppocodex.html and start
browsing the text (the right menu), you will see that at least on the first
page, there is no marking over the he. I am wondering if that has to do
with Karaite vs. Babylonian Jewry customs: that Karaites might have
indeed read $:ma while Babylonian Jewry read Adonai.

Yitzhak Sapir