b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Ex 33 & 34 - Glory & Face

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Sujata <shevaroys AT yahoo.com>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Ex 33 & 34 - Glory & Face
  • Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2005 20:02:33 -0700 (PDT)

Yahweh's glory is a physical manifestation of the
presence of God, something physical that could be seen
by physical eyes. There are many reference to this in
the scriptures. Here are a couple.

In Ez 9:3
the glory of the Lord moved to the threshold of the
temple

Ez 11:23
The glory of the Lord stood on the mountain

I think Eusebius also writes about the glory of the
Lord standing above mount olives.

Best wishes,
Sujata