b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Ex 33 & 34 - Glory & Face

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Sujata <shevaroys AT yahoo.com>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Ex 33 & 34 - Glory & Face
  • Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2005 13:33:31 -0700 (PDT)

Karl,

I thought many in the group think its all fiction
anyway and insist on various theories of origin of
YHWH, in which case, it shouldnt matter whether it is
a vision or not as long as it is in the book :))

Here are some more verses which seem to make it clear
(at least to me) that the glory of the Lord is a
physically visible aspect of God.

Exodus 16:10
behold, the glory of the LORD appeared in the cloud.

Exodus 24:16
And the glory of the LORD abode upon mount Sinai, and
the cloud covered it six days

Exodus 24:17
And the sight of the glory of the LORD was like
devouring fire on the top of the mount in the eyes of
the children of Israel

Exodus 40:34
Then a cloud covered the tent of the congregation, and
the glory of the LORD filled the tabernacle

Lev 9:23
and the glory of the LORD appeared unto all the
people.

Num 14:10
And the glory of the LORD appeared in the tabernacle
of the congregation before all the children of Israel.

Num 16:19
and the glory of the LORD appeared unto all the
congregation.

Num 16:42that they looked toward the tabernacle of the
congregation: and, behold, the cloud covered it, and
the glory of the LORD appeared

Num 20:6
and the glory of the LORD appeared unto them.

1 Kings 8:11
for the glory of the LORD had filled the house of the
LORD.

Isaiah 40:5
And the glory of the LORD shall be revealed, and all
flesh shall SEE it together:

Best wishes,
Sujata