b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] Doctorates or not

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Read, James C" <K0434995 AT kingston.ac.uk>
  • Cc: <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] Doctorates or not
  • Date: Sun, 4 Sep 2005 11:38:36 +0100

I studied hebrew at St. Andrews Uni and got a perfect score in both hebrew
modules. However,
I did not graduate from the university because in order to pass all the
prescribed modules I
would have had to compromise my relationship with Yah. The choice was simple.

1) Tell the truth and not graduate
2) Lie and graduate

I am proud to say that my integrity is still in tact. I would have loved to
have done a Ph. D
in b-hebrew but I am not willing to call Yah a liar in order to achieve it.

I wonder if a group of unlettered galilean fishermen would have been able to
get their Ph.D's?
I also wonder what their opinion on the current accademic system would have
been???

The parallel with doctors was not a good one. I have heard countless stories
of mistreatment
abd bad diagnosis and modern medicine seems to be more guess work than
anything else.My Aunty is
paralised because of an unnecessary treatment from a 'professional'.

Lawyers and accountants can be just as bad. If Ihad listened to my accountant
in Italy I would have
paid thousands of Euros unnecessarily. I had to show him from his own
documentation before I could
get him to do his job properly. Now why was I in a position to know better?
Being the one who had to
pay out perhaps I was more motivated.

B-hebrew is a special case because to understand it properly you have to have
faith and reliance in
Yah's ability to make things clear to you. Hebrew scholarship is largely
based on criticising the
texts and finding conspiracy theories and from my experience if you are not
willing to agree with
such conspiracy theories you have little to no chance of ever being accepted
by the 'accademic community'.

Privileged people come from privileged families. It's a fact of life that we
the underprivileged have
learned to accept and to live with because 'happy are you when people
reproach you and persecute you
and lyingly say every sort of wicked thing against you for my sake....for in
that way they persecuted
the prophets prior to you'.

Let the doctorates have their self proclaimed glory. Yah will glorify the
meek ones.

Security System.