b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] 5 scrolls or 1

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Sujata <shevaroys AT yahoo.com>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] 5 scrolls or 1
  • Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2005 15:29:42 -0700 (PDT)

Shoshanna,
a) God did teach you, but you have forgotten!!
b) It was Jewish elders that translated the Torah to
Greek, so I dont see why the name couldnt be written
in Greek at the time of writing down Oral Torah
c) From Isaiah.."Blessed be Egypt my people, Assyria
my handiwork, and Israel my inheritance." - God's eye
view is far different than man's, He may not mind a
Greek guy knowing His name :)

Best wishes,
Sujata