b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] 5 scrolls or 1

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Shoshanna Walker <rosewalk AT concentric.net>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] 5 scrolls or 1
  • Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2005 16:03:27 -0400

Do you have any evidence or citations for the fact that you report, that they were originally 5 individual scrolls?

Shoshanna

Does anyone have any evidence or citations for when the change to a single
scroll was made, and was any contemporary reasoning offered? (Yes, I'm sure
we can all offer good logical speculation, but do we have any documented
reason by those who did it?)

Hayyim Obadyah
, MPA
New York, New York 10027