b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] YHWH pronunciation

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Karl Randolph" <kwrandolph AT email.com>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] YHWH pronunciation
  • Date: Fri, 05 Aug 2005 06:08:36 -0500

Jack:

I have seen the claim that when the pronunciations of the
Cherokee syllabary are applied to ancient Basque writing
in Spain which looks almost identical, which the Basques
stopped using about 2000 years ago, that Basque language
can be read. If true, then Sequoia merely popularized a
writing system already known among the Cherokees.

However, almost all of Cherokee artifacts were made of
wood, bone and other perishable materials, so that the
probability of finding pre-Sequoia writings is almost nil,
even if they previously existed.

I think this line of inquiry is a dead end, based on a
lack of evidence and speculation.

Karl W. Randolph.