b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Is.45:7 God created evil?

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Heard, Christopher" <Christopher.Heard AT pepperdine.edu>
  • To: b-hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Is.45:7 God created evil?
  • Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2005 15:14:34 -0700

Dear Harold,

In the quotation below and the longer text of your post, you are making theological claims, not exegetical or linguistic ones. I don't in any way wish to be insulting, and I ask that this next statement not be taken as either agreeing or disagreeing with your theological views, but your theological views (and the same goes for mine or anyone else) about what God is or is not capable of do not illuminate the Chronicler's use of language, _unless_ you (or I or whoever) can _demonstrate_ that the Chronicler shared those views.

Best wishes,

Chris