b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Stone slab replacing the Ark of the Covenant

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Patrick J. Emsweller" <patrick AT clubgraves.com>
  • To: "'b-hebrew'" <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Stone slab replacing the Ark of the Covenant
  • Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2005 20:33:07 -0400

I just happened to recall that image and where it was located. I have two
books on Egypt "The Oxford History on Ancient Egypt" and "Chronicles of the
Pharaohs". Both have accounts of Sheshonq I and a picture of the relief at
Karnak and I have to admit I don't see any picture of the Ark of the
Covenant.........nor anything looking like an ark. **shrug** Nor do the
captions state of such a scene etched into the wall. Sorry that I'm little
help.

-patrick