b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Could This Be Nimrod

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Karl Randolph" <kwrandolph AT email.com>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Could This Be Nimrod
  • Date: Tue, 02 Aug 2005 17:03:40 -0500

James:

That the people migrated is self evident, that they were
from the ANE with detailed knowledge of the stories found in
the first chapters of Genesis is deduced from the stories
found in the characters. That they worshipped only one God
whom they called "Emporer Above" who was a spirit made of
three persons also comes through even in the earliest
characters extant. But I see no evidence either pro- or con-
that any individual named in Genesis was among the migrants.

Karl W. Randolph.