b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Could This Be Nimrod

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Read, James C" <K0434995 AT kingston.ac.uk>
  • To: "Karl Randolph" <kwrandolph AT email.com>
  • Cc: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Could This Be Nimrod
  • Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2005 22:15:57 +0100

Do you have any resources I can refer to about the Chinese characters you
mentioned?
I would really like to be able to study them in depth.

I don't think that the Japanese came from the lost tribes of Isreal. Legend
says they
came from a Chinese nautical mission where the group were sent out to find a
paradise
island the Chinese Emporer had heard about. They were not to come back
unsuccessful
under pain of death.

When I mentioned the similarities with Semitic roots I was more thinking of a
family
which migrated from the ANE to China and then a group that settles in Japan.
That the Japanese and the Chinese are related is undoubted.