b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Verbs

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Ken Penner <pennerkm AT mcmaster.ca>
  • To: "Harold R. Holmyard III" <hholmyard AT ont.com>
  • Cc: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Verbs
  • Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2005 16:54:08 -0300

Harold R. Holmyard III wrote:
Dear Rolf,

You know what it looks like? It looks as though you're saying, "It creates a lot of theoretical difficulties trying to unravel how these various verb forms function in their contexts, so let's just throw them all out and make up the meanings that seem logical to us."

In fairness to Rolf, his dissertation expresses his views significantly more clearly than what he has written in this forum or in previous articles. I still remain unconvinced of his views, but now I can see the points at which our views part company.

Ken Penner
McMaster/Hebrew