b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Hebrew in messages

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Karl Randolph" <kwrandolph AT email.com>
  • To: "Peter Kirk" <peterkirk AT qaya.org>
  • Cc: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Hebrew in messages
  • Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2005 13:56:41 -0500

Peter:

You admit that the problem with your reading of Hebrew in email messages is
your mail program.

The online email program that I am using may be changing the Hebrew to
character entities, but the interpretation of those character entities to
Hebrew letters when I read messages is happening in my browser. That your
mail program does not render html correctly, in this case character entities,
should not be blamed on any other source. Apparently that is common among
mail programs.

Maybe we should inform ibiblio that their software has a bug that is
corrupting character entities into html text strings, a bug that effects not
only us, but others who deal with other languages. A patch shouldn’t be that
difficult. Who to contact?

Karl W. Randolph.