b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] Ha'aretz [Hebrew]: review of Eyal Regev, "The Sadducees and Their Halakhah: Religion and Society in the Second Temple Period"

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Joseph I. Lauer" <josephlauer AT hotmail.com>
  • To: "b-hebrew" <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] Ha'aretz [Hebrew]: review of Eyal Regev, "The Sadducees and Their Halakhah: Religion and Society in the Second Temple Period"
  • Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2005 09:09:09 -0400

The Ha'aretz Hebrew-language edition of July 8, 2005 has a review by
Prof. Hananel Mack of Eyal Regev's Hebrew-language "The Sadducees and Their
Halakhah: Religion and Society in the Second Temple Period", 457 pp.
(Jerusalem, Yad Itzhak Ben Zvi, 2005).
The review may be read at
http://www.haaretz.co.il/hasite/pages/ShArtPE.jhtml?itemNo=596696
The book's author is a Senior Lecturer on the Faculty of Jewish Studies
in The Martin Szusz Department of Land of Israel Studies at Bar-Ilan
University.
Please note that there are many question marks in the Internet version
of the review. Some of them, which reflect formatting problems relating to
parentheses, should not have appeared in the text and should be ignored.
Joseph I. Lauer
Brooklyn, New York

  • [b-hebrew] Ha'aretz [Hebrew]: review of Eyal Regev, "The Sadducees and Their Halakhah: Religion and Society in the Second Temple Period", Joseph I. Lauer, 07/11/2005