b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] logograms--an ode to Hebrew

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Jim West <jwest AT highland.net>
  • To: George F Somsel <gfsomsel AT juno.com>
  • Cc: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] logograms--an ode to Hebrew
  • Date: Fri, 24 Dec 2004 07:05:36 -0500

At 03:15 AM 12/24/2004, you wrote:

Of course that isn't exact. I could write a book claiming that Henry
Kissinger wrote it, but that wouldn't make it so. In the same way there
are apocalypses written in the name of Adam, Enoch and others; but I
hardly think you would grant that any credence. When a claim to
authorship is challenged, the challenger is obliged to submit evidence
which falsifies that claim. Anyone wishing to deny the challenge is
obliged to submit evidence falsifying the falsification.

george

I think what some are missing is the simple fact that the books of the Hebrew Bible NEVER claim authorship by anyone! Anywhere! The superscriptions are centuries later.

Jim

Jim West, ThD
Adjunct Professor of Biblical Studies
Quartz Hill School of Theology