b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Genesis 3:15 and order of ideas

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Jim West <jwest AT highland.net>
  • To: Revdpickrel AT wmconnect.com
  • Cc: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Genesis 3:15 and order of ideas
  • Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2004 15:54:55 -0500

At 03:39 PM 12/22/2004, you wrote:

They didn't know that the blood clotted after the eight day and that's when
boys were circumcised. How did they know to circumcise on that day?

Pardon me but how do you know what they knew or did not know medically? Do you not think that simple observation would have led them to know when to do things and when not to? Or did God have to tell them when to plant crops too? How stupid were they? By the way, I don't think they were stupid at all. In fact I think many ancient Israelites were a sight smarter than lots of people today.

God knew
and He instructed likewise. Likewise, God knew about the human seed and egg
long before man and sciencel figured it out, remember the prophesy to Daniel:
"But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, even to the time of
the end: many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased." Dan.
12:4. Both prophesies are being fulfilled today, within the past Century.

Huh? What does the second part of your statement have to do with the first?

Jim

Jim West, ThD
Adjunct Professor of Biblical Studies
Quartz Hill School of Theology