b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Genesis 3:15 and order of ideas

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Karl Randolph" <kwrandolph AT email.com>
  • To: Hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Genesis 3:15 and order of ideas
  • Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2004 16:39:56 -0500

The way I heard it, Hebrews was a collaborative work between Paul and Luke:
Paul supplied the ideas, Luke is excellent use of the Greek language. Sorry,
I can't supply sources, other than to say that it supposedly got the
information from tradition.

Did Paul think more as a Greek or Hebrew? Seeing as he was brought up in
Jerusalem probably since his bar mitzvah, it could very well be that he was
more Hebrew thinking than Greek. There's a hint even that Joseph who carried
Jesus' cross may have been Paul's father.

Karl W. Randolph.