b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Genesis 3:15 and order of ideas

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Peter Kirk <peterkirk AT qaya.org>
  • To: Jim West <jwest AT highland.net>
  • Cc: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org, Revdpickrel AT wmconnect.com
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Genesis 3:15 and order of ideas
  • Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2004 01:30:44 +0000

On 23/12/2004 01:19, Jim West wrote:

At 05:43 PM 12/22/2004, you wrote:

In a message dated 12/22/2004 3:40:49 PM Central Standard Time,
kwrandolph AT email.com writes:

Jim, I must agree with George in as much as Hebrews has Paul's signature at
the end as he does in all his letter. Paul wrote, 2 Thess 3:17&18, I, Paul,
write this greeting with my own hand, and this is a distinguishing mark in
every letter; this is the way I write...." You do the math. This same mark is
found at the conclusion of Hebrews.

Paul didn't write Hebrews or 2 Thessalonians. In fact the only thing he wrote was
Romans
1-2 Cor
Gal
Phil
Philemon
1 Thess

The rest are by his students or heirs. But this really is a NT topic and this is a Hebrew forum.

Indeed this is off topic. But I can't let you get away with presenting as fact the purely speculative results of one school of theologians. None of these authorship issues are at all clear. So let's stop making dogmatic statements in any direction.

--
Peter Kirk
peter AT qaya.org (personal)