b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Genesis 3:15 and order of ideas

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Revdpickrel AT wmconnect.com
  • To: kwrandolph AT email.com, b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Genesis 3:15 and order of ideas
  • Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2004 17:43:48 EST

In a message dated 12/22/2004 3:40:49 PM Central Standard Time,
kwrandolph AT email.com writes:

Jim, I must agree with George in as much as Hebrews has Paul's signature at
the end as he does in all his letter. Paul wrote, 2 Thess 3:17&18, I, Paul,
write this greeting with my own hand, and this is a distinguishing mark in
every letter; this is the way I write...." You do the math. This same mark
is
found at the conclusion of Hebrews.

Doug.

> > > Paul in 99% likelihood was not the author of Hebrews. Whoever
> > > did write it, wrote excellent greek, excelled in the New
> > > Testament only by the author of 1 Peter. Nonetheless you are
> > > correct in observing that when writing Greek one thinks in Greek
> > > and including a loan word or two from Hebrew or Aramaic doesn't
> > > change that fact any more than someone occasionally inserting
> > > "vis-a-vis" makes them a fluent thinker in French.
> > >
> > > Jim
> > >

> > > ++++++++++++++++++++
> > > Jim West, ThD
> > > Adjunct Professor of Biblical Studies
> > > Quartz Hill School of Theology
> >
> > Jim,
> >
> > I beg your pardon, but the likelihood that Paul was the author of Hebrews
> > is approx. 0.001%
> >
> > george
> > gfsomsel

Doug Pickrel