b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Pronoun )nky in Judg. 6:8

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: MarianneLuban AT aol.com
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Pronoun )nky in Judg. 6:8
  • Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2004 13:09:19 EDT

In a message dated 10/6/2004 9:47:30 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
dwashbur AT nyx.net writes:

> Interesting! Is it a more or less unmarked form, or does it perform some
> function such as emphasis/focus/call-it-what-you-like?

"ink" or "inwk" is just the way a person says something about himself. But
Gardiner also says this, giving some examples: "In both uses some degree of
emphasis rests upon the pronouns, and in some contexts it would be desirable
translate 'It is I (who am) thy father, 'it is I (who am) good.'"

Marianne Luban