b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] The Golden Calf & the Hathor Cult of Sinai ?

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Peter Kirk <peterkirk AT qaya.org>
  • To: "C. Stirling Bartholomew" <jacksonpollock AT earthlink.net>
  • Cc: hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] The Golden Calf & the Hathor Cult of Sinai ?
  • Date: Sat, 18 Sep 2004 19:30:20 +0100

On 18/09/2004 18:57, C. Stirling Bartholomew wrote:

On 9/18/04 10:50 AM, "Peter Kirk" <peterkirk AT qaya.org> wrote:

But not instantaneously. As long as the water is moving fast, it can
carry a heavy powder like gold dust. Try putting some heavy powder (e.g.
salt) in a cup, adding water, stirring very fast, and drinking it. You
will find that you are able to drink it.

Salt goes into solution but gold does not.

True. But you can drink salt suspended in water well before it dissolves. I have done it. But to be sure, try powdered chalk or lime scale. (But I take no repsonsibility for checking that this is safe!)

--
Peter Kirk
peter AT qaya.org (personal)