b-hebrew - RE: [b-hebrew] Yom Kippur

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Fred Day" <fred.a.day AT cox.net>
  • To: "b-hebrew" <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [b-hebrew] Yom Kippur
  • Date: Sun, 22 Aug 2004 19:54:44 -0700

Dear Patrina,

You wrote:

Someone please tell me how this would "demonstrate his justice" (Rom
3:25b)? The issue is that any system of "justice" basing its premise on
"sacrifice" of the innocent on behalf of the guilty is absurd. If this
is a "holy" practice, then why can't we use these same premises in our
own systems of justice? Our consciences wouldn't permit it, so why
would a god?

FD: Good questions, and assuming they are not meant retorically I'd like to
direct you to a couple of links that deal with this very topic.

The first looks at the issue at a high level, and if you find it adequately
explains the Christian logic of how God is able to to justify the wicked
through the sacrific of an innocent one while Himself remaining just, then
you may want to stop there. However, if you find that you want more detail,
the following link will take you to a larger, more detailed look at the
topic of soteriology.

http://www.jacksequeira.org/mess0296.htm

http://www.jacksequeira.org/beyond01.htm

Fred Day