b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Yom Kippur

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Peter Kirk <peterkirk AT qaya.org>
  • To: Shoshanna Walker <rosewalk AT concentric.net>
  • Cc: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Yom Kippur
  • Date: Sun, 29 Aug 2004 21:05:27 +0100

On 29/08/2004 02:41, Shoshanna Walker wrote:

Well, then, the "Greek" form of Mashiach does not know, consider or define, "Mashiach" properly. Mashiach has certain functions to perform, it is not just a general idea. Christ fulfilled none of them, ...

You mean, surely, that Jesus of Nazareth fulfilled none of them (a point which I will not dispute here). If you call him Christ, you are calling him Mashiach but just in a different language.

... therefore those who think Christ and Mashiach are not different concepts, either do not understand the concept of Mashiach, or would like to supplant the Jewish ideas of Mashiach, with their own ideas of Christ.

I think it may be that they do not understand the Christian concept of Christ (which I will not try to explain here).

--
Peter Kirk
peter AT qaya.org (personal)