b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Ark of the Covenant

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: MarianneLuban AT aol.com
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Ark of the Covenant
  • Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2004 13:12:10 EDT

In a message dated 8/20/2004 5:15:59 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
peterkirk AT qaya.org writes:

> Alternatively, we might consider the opinion of Kenneth Kitchen writing
> in the New Bible Dictionary (s.v. Potipherah): "Potiphera/P'-di-P'R` may
> be simply a modernization in Moses' time of the older form Didi-R`, with
> the same meaning, of a name-pattern (Didi-X) which is particularly
> common in the Middle Kingdom and Hyksos periods."

To this I can only say LOL. I never heard of a "Didi" anybody. And Kitchen
was wrong about the Egyptian name of Joseph, too--even though I foolishly
followed his lead in my book--and have now had to make the adjustment at

http://www.geocities.com/scribelist/addenda.html